ROLES AND RESPONIBILITIES:
LEED Engineering partners with Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and QC to provide emission control equipment, and enviromentally responsible engineering solutions to satisfy our customer needs.
The ECD Engineer II provides engineering designs, solutions, and project implementation to ensure timely and accurate implementation of technically sound solutions for oil and gas operators throughout the United States.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
The following represent the basic roles, responsibilities and duties associated with this position. However, others may be assigned later on based on business need, employee qualification and performance:
• Complete engineering assignments of varying complexities with little to no supervision.
• Develops designs, plans, specifications, reports, schedules, estimates, data collection, construction observation, and field investigation for emission control devices.
Complete Process Design and Sizing calculations for piping, tanks, pressure vessels, and combustion equipment.
• Use CAD software (SOLIDWORKS) and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
• Read and interpret fabrication plans and drawings, and customer specifications.
• Utilize effective written and oral communication
• Responsible for providing recommendations for system improvements and the continued development of processes and enhancements by understanding system functionalities and manufacturing processes.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
• Experience with Process Design for Oil and Gas Production Equipment including Process Simulation Software (PROMAX)
• Experience with ASME code calculation and design software (i.e. Compress, PV Elite)
• Working knowledge of ASME BPV Section 2 material requirements for pressure vessel design, ASME BPV Section 5 requirements for testing and ASME BPV Section 9 welding requirements
• Strong personal computer skills especially CADD (SOLIDWORKS)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience designing vapor combustors, flares, and vapor recovery systems
• Ability to work independently, solve problems and improve processes under tight deadlines and under high pressure situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of state and federal EPA regulations (EPA NSPS OOOO)
• Working knowledge of ASME Section VIII pressure vessels and code requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Majority of the time in the office is spent sitting and working in front of a computer.
• Frequent shop and plant visits to both customer and vendor locations are required. Majority of thre time is spent standing during these activities.
• Lifting requirements are generally under 10 lbs. Manual lifting could reach the company maximum of 65 lbs.
• Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the ability to do the following:
• Analytical: Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and researche data.
• Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
• Technical Skills: Pursue training and development opportunities; Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Share expertise with others.
• Customer Service: Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
• Interpersonal: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; Listen to others without interrupting; Keep emotions under control; Remain open to others’ ideas.
• Oral Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Team Work: Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests.
• Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; Present numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Ethics: Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Work with integrity and ethically
• Organizational Support: Follow policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Attendance/Punctuality: Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability:Follow instructions and respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions and keep commitments; Commit to work as long as required when necessary to reach goals; Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Judgment: Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions.
• Safety and Security: Observe safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions.
Apply in person, with resume, to complete application at:
5100 Boyd Lake Ave
Loveland CO 80538