POSITION SUMMARY: Performs in process and final inspections by performing the following functions.
1. Quality inspections of pressure vessels and their components for correct alignment, location, and installation.
2. Check vessel assembly to the blueprint to ensure accuracy.
3. Verify arriving material meets specification outlined in ASME code.
4. Oversee hydrostatic and pneumatic testing to the required specification and accurately record the data.
5. Perform visual examinations on welded and non-welded connections to identify any discontinuities and defects.
6. Perform NDE examinations as a visual inspection aid to detect flaws.
7. Schedule and verify X-ray examination.
8. Record inspection data.
9. Internal vessel inspection, some in confined spaces.
10. Responsible to protect own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED):
1. High school diploma or a general education degree (GED)
2. Minimum 5 years previous experience with metal fabrication, welding, or quality control.
3. Current CWI, CAWI, CWE, or NDE credentials highly preferred.
4. Proficient in CAD with strong ability to read Engineering drawings.
5. Excellent working knowledge of SMAW, GMAW, GTAW welding processes, and be able be to pass a practical welding test.
6. Must be able to interpret documents such as code books, procedures, safety regulations and operating instructions
7. Must be able to work in a team environment and balance individual responsibilities.
8. At least one year verifiable experience with ASME and AWS welding codes required.
9. Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Solidworks.
10. With or without vision correction lens, personnel will have visual acuity sufficient to read the Jaegar No. 1 standard chart at a distance of not less than 12 inches: and for MT and PT they will be tested for color contrast.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Office & Manufacturing Environment.
2. Noisy, dusty production environment with constant machine noise and simultaneous operations.
3. Temperature variations with the seasons.
4. Frequent sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching and turning.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
6. Ability to lift and/or carry materials up to 60 pounds, with assistance if required.
FINAL STATEMENT: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leed Fabrication is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply in person, with resume, at:
5100 Boyd Lake Ave
Loveland CO 80538